Summer project: Turbho RB-50 Retro Scooter PART#2 FINAL EDITION (NOT!)!



07/07/2020
Yess, I finally have received the parts for the scooter finally do the first sounds with 




And what do we have inside?
Jup,guessed it right - wrong rocker arms (longer valve version) , new coil and valve cover.
Well , what the .... I almost got so desperate to adjust the valve lashes till' the maximum ignoring that the claps wont be "centered" , but  I grasped my sanity and decided to wait a few more days to get it started... I rushed online and some how magically managed to bargain the order for correct rocker arms
 with express delivery with no increased post expenses and damn - I got it next day morning!
I had to extend the stock gas throttle cable ,so I did some good ol' tricks with the 'flex' machine :D
Let's finish up the sequence and give the old sleeper an kick.
āāā-a! 
And just like the title says: She's alive!
There she is a little while after test driving
 (lold about that "malossi" sticker :D )


Before the scooter was bone stock.
Now it has been gifted with the o' mighty Wind-shield screen and other technical stuff as mentioned below >
Upgrades list:
Performance Air Filter (wow,now, this thing is loud!)
Brand New 24mm carb (fuel economy is even a little better than before! :O )
New Vacuum and Fuel lines
New Fuel Filter
New 80cc Cylinder set. (Audew)
New "short-valve" Rocker Arms
New Valve Head Cover
New Performance CDI
New High-Voltage Ignition Coil (Naraku Racing)
New 3.Contact Irdium Performance Spark Plug 
New Variator kit including rolls and belt (Malossi and Naraku Racing)
New Clutch Kit (Naraku Racing)
Freshly squeezed Engine and Gearbox oil (TOTAL 10w40 and kroon-oil 75w90)
Self-Made Extended  Throttle Gas Cable :D

And Yes! Conclusion: Everything works fine and dandy , there are no leaks or whatsnothing ...
If I try to search for scratchy topics then : Let's except for some small problems on the house like: the Start motor will need to be changed somewhere in the future , the rear wheel bearing seems to be noisy (what'd ya expect from 18 years of no service) , the kick-start mechanism needs a new spring because the current one is deformed (Yep , now the scooter is kick-start'less :D) and on top of everything I'm pretty sure that the camshaft would be grateful to be replaced for a new one or some sort of racing type one :D

I still fully don't like how the scooter responds because the acceleration is not as expected to be..
I smell a PART#3 blog post , my bet is she needs an new stator , I'll check that first thing tommoro'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The truth about "ecu remap" DVD files available for purchase. (Don't buy !!! )

ufo?

Summer project: Turbho RB-50 Retro Scooter PART#1